Friday, March 23, 2012

Lethargy Strikes...

Here I sit, too near the due time of the next assignment in my course, and my 2 brain cells are just not cooperating. Each time I pull up the document to conclude, or even continue it, I draw a blank. I know what I want to happen, but seem to lack the enthusiasm to put it in words. Lethargy, I believe it is called. I renew my resolve to complete it and still get too easily distracted. It could be from considering all the tasks that I want to accomplish, and not being able to prioritize. Take, for instance, now. I have it opened and ready for my words to go into it, but I am here posting a blog instead. Sometimes, the story just flows, even overflows, and my fingers have a hard time keeping up. Other times, I have to force the words out, and it sounds flat and uninteresting. And then there are times like now; I know what I want, but sitting here to do it, nothing works right. If only those pesky brain cells would just get along, I could pen a story in record time, and it would be a best seller. Is that too much to ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment