Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Welcome to my new Blog

Greetings and Salutations! My name is John Herres, and I am an aspiring writer. I currently have one book in print, having self published, and am in process of writing 3 other stories. I have never done a blog before, so am learning as I go. I hope anyone who is reading will cut me a little slack for being an amateur. I guess I will begin by telling a little about the Poetry book I have published.
My book is called, "Life through My Eyes". It is a collection of 23 poems ranging from life experiences to observations to "flights of fancy". The interesting thing is, when I began investigating the possibility of getting self published, poetry had not even crossed my mind. I was looking into trying to get a new story I had started published, even though it was no where close to finished. They called to check, one thing led to another, as they say, and I decided to put poetry in a book.
At that point in time, I only had about 8 or 9 written, the last having been around 2 years before, and the first around 2004 or so. The company told me I needed at least 20 to make enough to make into a book, so I began thinking, and the poems began hitting. It seems that poetry is the main thing I can write without putting too much thought into it. A couple of sentences pop into my head and when I put pen to paper, they just flow right on out there.
Any way, I will post some of those poems so you can see I may not be so shabby, and later on, I might try to put some excerpts from one of my book attempts. You can visit my web site to see some samples of my writing, and if you do, I ask that you consider signing my Guest Book to let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment